Wednesday, September 29, 2021

The Firsts

 

Since January 30, we have had a lot of firsts without Lydia. The first spring, summer, and fall. The first trip to the lake, the first time at the fair, and so many more.

Today is her first birthday without her. As I write this, there are tears streaming down my face. I miss her. I wish I could hug her and tell her "Happy 20th birthday!" But God had other plans for her, and for us. And they are far greater than our plans.

Today, I am thankful that God gave us 19 1/2 years with her. I am thankful that she is not suffering. I am thankful that she gets to praise our Savior in His presence. I am thankful that she does not have to experience the upheaval and chaos in the world right now. I am thankful that I had the privilege to be her big sister.

I am thankful for Lydia Faith.



6 comments:

Trish Greenfield said...

💕💕

Ring Family said...

Yes, the firsts...

Cheryl Henry said...

Oh how I love this!

Sarah Ring said...

Love you so much!

Unknown said...

Our hearts cry silently with you...
Tom and Laura

Melody Peeler said...

Praying! Firsts are so hard!!💕💕