Thursday, August 2, 2018

Camp 2018- Part 1

The summer camp season just ended, so I thought I should share some pictures and memories.
Most of the pictures are from camp's Facebook page

Junior 1 Camp

 We have a lot of fun in staff meetings. 😊

 The Health Department Crew for Junior 1. They did a great job!

 Family Camp Crew
Family camp this year was so hot and humid! It was regularly over 80 degrees in the kitchen. We drank a lot of water that week!


 I get to be in charge of this part of camp!

 Coming back from Chapel. This is the boys' path and Family camp is one of the few times I drive on this path.

 For Family Camp and Junior 2, the speaker was a chalk artist and did several Chalk Talks for chapels. This was my favorite one!


 The one night we went zip lining and some of the teens had steel wool Mr. V lit on fire when they went down. It was so cool with the reflection on the lake!

 Training my staff for Junior 2.


 I love having some of my siblings at camp!

 I was able to accompany 2 of my cooks for special music this summer.

 Happy camper/staff picture day.

My Junior 2 Health Department crew.

I am thankful for all who helped me this summer. Even though I get frustrated at some points, I am thankful for them and for the work God does in my life through them.  😊 There are times when I have to remember that being thankful for them is better than focusing on the things that bother me. Those things aren't important in light of eternity. Just because they do something differently than I do, doesn't mean it is wrong. I did struggle a little bit one week, but God worked in my heart and changed my attitude toward that person. One of the messages that week was about thankfulness (to God), and how thankfulness helps us to battle sin. If you want access to those messages, or any from this summer, leave a comment or email me for the link!

I was going to post all the pictures at once, but that would make a really long post, so part 2 is coming soon!!

No comments: