Monday, October 2, 2017

7 Years Ago...

I was in Russia!
This is the first plane I was ever on.

 After 26 hours of flying and maybe an hour of sleep, most of which was in the Moscow airport because I don't sleep very well in planes.

I went with my Grandparents to visit the Church they had helped when they were there.
We left the US in the morning of Sept. 28 and got to Arkhangelsk, Russia on the 29th (which was a Wednesday).
We had a Bible Study in the Pastor's flat on, I believe, Thursday (we stayed with the Pastor and his sister). That is when I met Alexey. He was like a big brother to me, taking me to different places I would not have been able to go to otherwise, teaching me things about money and history (most of which I have forgotten). I still can't believe my grandpa let me go with Alexey and his friends to Malye Karely 2 days after we met, but then, Pastor Andrew said it would be fine. :) 

 Malye Karely is an outdoor museum with old wooden buildings from different parts of Russia.










 The Northern Dvina River

 Tatyana and Arina!

 The view from our flat.

 Grandpa and Grandma walking home after talking to some classes at a school one of their friends teaches at. I got to go once all by myself while they were at the dentist. That was really fun!

 The Pastor and his (legal) wife after they came back from the wedding palace. They didn't consider themselves married until a week and a half later when they had their Christian wedding.
 Alexey and his girlfriend took Grandpa, Grandma, and I to the entry into Arkhangelsk.
 And they were married!
We missed the wedding because of a mix up on who was supposed to pick us up, but we had fun at the reception. :)
The day after the wedding, Andrew officially became a pastor!

I am very thankful to have been able to take this trip. It definitely helped me in my relationship with God and my grandparents.

Please be praying for these dear brothers and sisters in Christ as Russia is closing to the Gospel.

Until next time,
Hannah

1 comment:

Ring Family said...

Good memories shared AND my favorite picture!(I think you know which one) Maybe we could get a larger one and have it framed;-)
Love you so much!! Mom