Wednesday, January 29, 2014

SGI Session 3

Message by D. H.

 "12But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel; 13So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places; 14And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. 15Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: 16The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: 17But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. 18What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice."
Philippians 1:12-18

How Should I Respond to Difficulties?

Paul said that his imprisonment was for the furtherance of the Gospel.
Romans 8:28
God uses all things to transform us into the image of His Son.
One of the missing elements in our evangelism is faith. Our faith that they will come to faith.
How are my difficulties going to advance the Gospel?
God wants them to advance the Gospel.
Even if it is something we do not see on this earth.
We have to stop living for ourselves.
The Gospel needs to interpret everything in my life.

As I was reading verse 14 today, it "struck me" that God used Paul's bonds to encourage other believers to spread the Gospel. I don't think I ever really "saw" that before. 
The Bible never gets old, there are so many things in it that I have never learned/understood.

So, how will I respond/do I respond to difficulties?



No comments: